Friday, August 15, 2014

MEETING THE POPE

A man is preparing to board a train when he hears that the Pope is also going to be using the same mode of transportation because he apparently wants to try something different. "This is exciting!" the man thinks to himself. "I've always been a big fan of the Pope. Perhaps I'll be able to see him in person."

Imagine his surprise when the Pope sits down in the seat next to him. But the man is too shy to speak to the Pontiff.  Shortly after taking his seat, the Pope begins a crossword puzzle. "This is fantastic!" the man thinks. "I'm really good at crosswords. Maybe if the Pope gets stuck he'll ask me for assistance."

Almost immediately, the Pope turns to the gentleman and says, "Excuse me, but do you know a four letter word referring to as woman that ends in u-n-t?" Only one word leaps to mind. The man feels very uncomfortable. "Good Lord," he thinks, "I can't tell the Pope that. There must be another word." He thinks for a moment, then it hits him. "Your Excellency, I think the world you're looking for is aunt!"

"Of course!" replies the Pope. "Do you have an eraser?"

No comments:

Post a Comment