Saturday, May 15, 2021

AVALANCHE

 A 16-year-old high school boy came home one afternoon with a brand new Chevrolet Avalanche. His parents demanded to know where he got the truck. He calmly told them, "I bought it a few minutes ago." "Bought it??!!" his mother screamed, "What in the name of everything holy did you buy it with?" "The boy said, "I paid cash for it. The truck only cost me $15." His parents began yelling even louder, "Who in their right mind would sell a truck like that for $15?" "It was the lady up the street," said the boy. "I don't know her name. They just moved in. She saw me ride past on my bike and asked me if I wanted to buy a Chevrolet Avalanche for $15?"

"Oh my goodness!" moaned the mother. "She must be a child molester. Who knows what she will do next?" She demanded that her husband go up there right away and see what was going on. So the boy's father walked up the street to the house where the lady lived and found her out in the front yard calmly planting petunias. He introduced himself as the father of the boy to whom she had sold a brand new Chevrolet Avalanche for $15 and demanded to know why she did it.

"Well, you see, this morning I got a phone call from my husband. I thought he was on a business trip but learned from a friend that he had run off to Hawaii with his mistress and doesn't intend to come back. He claimed he was stranded and desperate for cash. He asked me to sell his brand new Chevrolet Avalanche and send him the money. So I did!"

No comments:

Post a Comment